According to the local Archeological-Historical circle the Spaenhiers, the town of Koekelare originated here. Excavations have confirmed this.
In 1881-1882, the noble family Piers de Raveschoot built a castle on this site, which regrettably was demolished in 1948-1949.
When constructing the Oosthofpark, the original design of the castle park was respected, admittedly with the inclusion of some Eastern elements, such as the sculpture 'Kinaree'.
The Oosthofpark is located between the Galgestraat and the Ringlaan.